8.11.2010

Give a Hoot, Don't Pollute.

Ok, so I know this isn't the most original post to ever exist, but I was inspired today.

I took the last final of the summer semester and promptly came home and started to get rid of all the papers I had collected since May. I try to recycle everything I can. Unless it takes too much energy for me to walk to the recycling bin and the garbage is closer. Anyway, I decided to recycle an entire notebook, but I didn't know what to do with the spiral. So first of all, I am NEVER buying spiral notebooks ever again. In fact, it's only going to be binders and loose leaf paper from now on. Also, I am not making any suggestions as to what to do with the spiral, cos I'm not the artsy crafty kind of person others can be. I just cut it up into little pieces so it wouldn't get caught on some little birdies foot, or something ridiculous like that. So the moral of the story is, please recycle. Because this heat is getting old.

Don't you remember when we were kids and we'd lie on the lawn and stare up at the clouds and try to make shapes of them? It's too hot to do that now. Humans have GOT to make a change. Can't you tell the earth is angry? I am really trying here. I'm a vegetarian, I recycle as much as I can, I am going to start taking the bus to school, I buy reusable containers for water, and generally only drink water so there are not cans or bottles to rinse and recycle. I also own reusable bags and I intend to use them more because I realize the waste just from the bags we get from the store. It's terrible and heart braking that the most intelligent beings on earth are being the dumbest.

I can't do this alone though, so I encourage anyone who reads this post to try something at least start recycling. There are places around town that you can drop off your recycling, and some of you are lucky enough that someone will pick up the recycling. A reusable water bottle is an easy thing to do, and they make brushes that fit inside those little sigg bottles so that you can clean them. So even if you wanted to put soda in there, there's a scrub brush to use to clean it out so it doesn't start to stink.

I really could go on and on about this subject, but I really don't want to annoy you, so I will stop there. Just give it some thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment